Continuing today’s theme of New York City, Central Park, and, uh, fear… here’s a great photo the Criterion Collection released of Mia Farrow and Roman Polanski on the set of Rosemary’s Baby.
The Collection is set to release the first ever Blu-ray of the classic horror film on October 30th (DVD Beaver Review Here). Just in time for Halloween, naturally.
The digitally restored disc includes:
- New, restored digital transfer, approved by director Roman Polanski, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
- New documentary featuring interviews with Polanski, actress Mia Farrow, and producer Robert Evans
- Interview with author Ira Levin from a 1997 broadcast of Leonard Lopate’s public radio program New York and Company, about his 1967 novel, its sequel, and the film
- Komeda, Komeda, a feature- length documentary on the life and work of jazz musician and composer Krzysztof Komeda, who wrote the score for Rosemary’s Baby
- PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by critic Ed Park; Levin’s afterword to the 2003 New American Library edition of his novel; and Levin’s rare, unpublished character sketches of the Woodhouses and floor plan of their apartment, created in preparation for the novel